Friday, July 16, 2010

Wheaties

I just ate some Wheaties.

What the hell is that? Wheaties cereal, "The Breakfast of Champions," with one percent milk, served in a Pyrex measuring cup. No, I haven't started obsessively weighing and measuring my food. I just like to surf online while I'm eating and the Pyrex cup is easier to hold and spills less than a traditional bowl. Laugh at me all you want, Carl, I won't be deterred.

Why did I eat this? I'm not a breakfast person. Anyone living in this house will tell you that I don't eat solid food during my first two hours awake; it's strictly coffee until my stomach starts growling. I needed to eat something, however, because we're leaving on a weekend trip to Hershey, PA at around noon and if I wait, I'll run out of time and probably won't get a chance to eat until dinner.

A bowl of cereal is an easy, quick option when I need to eat and don't feel like making anything else. I had been noshing on corn flakes for a while, but remembered that, after soaking 10-15 minutes, Wheaties achieve the ideal mushy consistency that I prefer in a cold cereal. Corn flakes get mushy, but somewhat rubbery. Me no likey. Plus, Wheaties have only 100 calories per serving, 10 or so fewer calories than corn flakes.

Food in the morning simply does not agree with me. I didn't eat those Wheaties until around 9:30am, but I'm still nauseated. I should have waited another hour.

Satisfaction rating: 4

UPDATE: Christy says I should launch a line of "Pyrex Everyday" dishware at Target. OMG, I would totally buy that! Think of everything I could accomplish while eating if all my dishes had high sides, handles, and spouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment